Our farm operates thanks to a team of staff, volunteers, and interns. The internship offers an opportunity for someone who wants to learn how to farm. As part of the internship, we will customize learning opportunities to fit your learning needs and interests. More importantly, you’ll have an opportunity to be part of what makes a farm work – from starting seedlings right through to getting vegetables to customers.
Topics Interns will Learn About:
- Sustainable and regenerative growing practices
- Crop planning
- Soil management
- Seedling propagation
- Weed and pest management
- Plant health
- Farm management
- Bee keeping
- And more
Our Commitment to You:
- Involvement in all aspects of farm work, and customization to your interests and learning needs
- Special learning opportunities
- Lunch on all work days
- Vegetables for home
- Transport/carpooling to and from the farm
- A safe and respectful working and learning environment
- A $4,500 stipend upon completion (can be negotiated up for commitments longer than 4 months)
Your Commitment to Us:
- A respectful attitude
- A committed work ethic
- Clothing for all weather and conditions, including rain gear, appropriate footwear, and sun protection
- 4 days per week of committed work, 8 hours per day (including lunch and breaks, not transport)
- A minimum commitment of 4 months, from the beginning of May to the end of August. One week off can be negotiated.
INTERNSHIP APPLICATIONS CLOSE FEBRUARY 1st AT 1:00 PM.
To apply for the Fractal Farm Internship, click here.